Specular Theory is an award-winning immersive content and technology company based in Venice Beach, CA. We create a wide variety of VR experiences ranging in entertainment, education, enterprise, and gaming. Our company creatively drives all productions from beginning to end with unique company culture in experimenting and breaking new ground.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Enthusiastic communicator with the ability to make technical challenges clear and understandable to the entire team both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to balance immediate development deadlines while maintaining long term and strategic goals.
- Attention to detail in all phases of development.
- A passion for bringing groundbreaking experiences to market.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and be a team player; you do what it takes to get things done. This is a fully hands ON position.
- Strong management skills, with the ability to prioritize conflicting tasks and lead both internal and external teams towards a common goal.
- Translate design specifications into functional deliverables.
- Accurately bidding the amount of time and resources necessary to complete tasks.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies
- A knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- BS degree in computer science or related field.
- 10+ years experience in Unity, including experience with scripting, textures, animation, GUI styles, and user session management.
- Fluent in C# C++
- Experience with virtual reality nice but not required (Vive, Oculus, PSVR) and VR SDKs (SteamVR plugin for Unity, UnityVR API, OpenVR).
- Experience shipping and maintaining titles.
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools Git, SVN.
- Familiarity with level design and planning.
- Experience with 3D.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Please send a resume and portfolio to email@example.com with “Sr. Unity Developer” in the subject line.