Sr. Unity Developer
Specular Theory is an award-winning immersive content and technology company based in Venice Beach, CA. We create a wide variety of VR experiences ranging in entertainment, education, enterprise and gaming. Our company creatively drives all productions from beginning to end with a unique company culture in experimenting and breaking new ground.
Remote work is not possible, you must work from our LA office in Venice Beach, CA.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Enthusiastic communicator with ability to make technical challenges clear and understandable to the entire team both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to balance immediate development deadlines while maintaining long term and strategic goals.
- Attention to detail in all phases of development.
- A passion for bringing groundbreaking experiences to market.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and be a team player; you do what it takes to get things done
- Strong management skills, with the ability to prioritize conflicting tasks and lead the team towards a common goal.
- Oversee both internal and external teams.
- Translate design specification into functional deliverables.
- Accurately bidding the amount of time and resources necessary to complete tasks.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- BS degree in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years experience in Unity, including experience with scripting, textures, animation, GUI styles, and user session management.
- Fluent in C# C++
- Experience with game physics and particle systems.
- Experience with virtual reality nice but not required (Vive, Oculus, PSVR) and VR SDKs (SteamVR plugin for Unity, UnityVR API, OpenVR).
- Hands-on experience developing AAA-quality game titles for the PC.
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools Git, SVN.
Familiarity with level design and planning.
- Experience with 3D.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Please send availability, salary requirements, resumes & portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “SR. UNITY DEV” in the subject line of the email.
Entry-level Unity/VR developer
We are looking for an entry-level Unity developer to work on VR games. This developer will work in-house at our offices in Venice Beach.
1+ years of experience developing games using Unity and C#
Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and systems
Proficient with generalist functions (character animation, UI, audio, etc.)
Experience working with VR games/projects
Please send availability, salary requirements, resumes & portfolios to email@example.com, and put “UNITY DEV” in the subject line of the email.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org