Help us build, launch and maintain a successful VR gaming community.
Specular Theory is seeking someone passionate about the gaming industry, player communities, brand communication, marketing, and customer service. The ideal candidate is driven and creative with in-depth experience on social media and community hubs like steam and reddit and possesses strong task management skills with a proven track record of successful community management and development efforts in the entertainment industry.
As community manager you will be responsible for maintaining a well-organized public communication and player engagement by leading community projects and communication efforts and building meaningful and impactful relationships with players and influencers.
You are ideally already a dominant member of the gaming community and know what truly makes someone an influencer of players’ hearts and minds. You know how to identify the right talent to work with, how to communicate with them effectively, solve their problems and answer to their needs.
If you are solution-driven, people-focused, and looking for an opportunity to make an impact, we are looking for you.
What You Will Do:
- Build and nurture online communities
- Incentivize user-generated content creation and sharing
- Help plan influencer events and community outreach.
- Collaborate Foster and build relationships with partners (fan-sites, influencer and other relevant parties) Generate creative, high-quality editorial content to be published through our website, and social media outlets
What We Are Looking For From You:
- Communicate directly with the players, creating strong positive relationships with our community. Constantly monitor and moderate user comments on our forums and social channels to identify and tackle issues as well as maintaining a positive environment.
- Manage our relationship with our community partners, such as fan sites, influencers, external forums and social media destinations for our brands, as well as developing programs to support these advocates.
- Manage our steam community page
- Build relationships with community partners such as fan sites, influencers, and volunteers
Engage with players at in-person and online events
Stay on top of new industry trends and best practices through ongoing independent research
- Strong understanding of current social media trends and game/entertainment community
- Self-motivated and having the ability to develop new initiatives as well as managing multiple tasks with little supervision
- Be a strong advocate for VR music rhythm based games and the company vision for home, LBE and VR arcade markets.
- Develop and manage all aspects of community relationships and serve as main point of contact showcasing the game
- Work with third parties to create compelling content that brings players together around their shared passion for our games and enables them to become powerful evangelists to their networks.
- Monitor discussion forums and other communication media to identify common player issues and discussion patterns to ensure rapid response to emerging trends and opportunities
- Creates YouTube/Twitch influencer initiative.
What We Offer:
An amazing office space in the center of Venice Beach. Be involved in the very beginning of a successful fast-growing startup in virtual reality.
• Bachelor Degree is preferred or equivalent work experience.
• 1-5 years building online communities in the games space.
- Minimum one years’ experience with brand communications, forums, and social media
- An expert-level understanding of the social media landscape
- Exceptional writing skills and practical experience in writing/editing of articles/posts
Bonus points for:
• Video/Image content design/editing skills
- Deep network in the Twitch or Youtube community
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Community Manager” in the subject line.
Sr. Unity Developer
Specular Theory is an award-winning immersive content and technology company based in Venice Beach, CA. We create a wide variety of VR experiences ranging in entertainment, education, enterprise and gaming. Our company creatively drives all productions from beginning to end with a unique company culture in experimenting and breaking new ground.
Remote work is not possible, you must work from our LA office in Venice Beach, CA.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Enthusiastic communicator with ability to make technical challenges clear and understandable to the entire team both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to balance immediate development deadlines while maintaining long term and strategic goals.
- Attention to detail in all phases of development.
- A passion for bringing groundbreaking experiences to market.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and be a team player; you do what it takes to get things done
- Strong management skills, with the ability to prioritize conflicting tasks and lead the team towards a common goal.
- Oversee both internal and external teams.
- Translate design specification into functional deliverables.
- Accurately bidding the amount of time and resources necessary to complete tasks.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- BS degree in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years experience in Unity, including experience with scripting, textures, animation, GUI styles, and user session management.
- Fluent in C# C++
- Experience with game physics and particle systems.
- Experience with virtual reality nice but not required (Vive, Oculus, PSVR) and VR SDKs (SteamVR plugin for Unity, UnityVR API, OpenVR).
- Hands-on experience developing AAA-quality game titles for the PC.
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools Git, SVN.
Familiarity with level design and planning.
- Experience with 3D.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Please send availability, salary requirements, resumes & portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “SR. UNITY DEV” in the subject line of the email.
Entry-level Unity/VR developer
1+ years of experience developing games using Unity and C#
Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and systems
Proficient with generalist functions (character animation, UI, audio, etc.)
Experience working with VR games/projects
Please send availability, salary requirements, resumes & portfolios to email@example.com, and put “UNITY DEV” in the subject line of the email.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org